AirPods are a very common accessory for the iPhone and other Apple devices. You can make calls, allows you to listen to music, and most importantly you can use Hey Siri with them. Most of the users are giving priority to wireless AirPods as compared to other costly headphones. However, if you are trying to use it on android or any other none Apple device then you might not get all the features of this device.
Recently some users reported that they connected AirPods to iPhone but no sound coming from the device. In a simple way, Audio is not coming in AirPods, now what do you do to fix it? If you are facing this problem too with your AirPods, Read on for some ways to fix AirPods that stop working that won’t play audio. This article tells what to do when you have AirPods not connecting to the iPhone or AirPods not working issue.
How to fix AirPods that Connected but no Sound
Fixing the AirPods connection issue may be time-consuming but resting AirPods, Re-enabling detection, resetting network settings, and updating the device can fix your AirPods connected but no sound issue. however, make sure your AirPods are clean because AirPods can pick up dust and small particles and this can damage your device. AirPods battery is very good but you can check the battery before following our processes. you can follow these steps to fix this issue.
Method 1: Reset your AirPods
Resetting AirPods might solve the problem. Some users solved the problem with this. To reset AirPods you can follow the given steps.
- Put AirPods in their Charging Case. Now Close the lid and wait for 30 seconds, then open the lid.
- Go to your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, or Other iOS Device, go to Settings. Select Bluetooth and press “I” near your AirPods Name. Now forget this device, and press again to confirm.
- Head to your AirPods. Make sure lid is open, now press and hold the buttons for 15 seconds which is located on the backside of the charging case. Wait for flashing white light, if you see the amber light then it’s done.
- Now reconnect your AirPods to your iPhone, iPad or iPod. You can connect it by placing AirPods near your device. If audio is not coming after following this step then go for the next step below.
Here is AirPods Reset Video.
Method 2: Disable/Enable Automatic Detection
Apple seems to have a problem sometimes with auto-detection. I had an issue with my new Apple Watch not receiving notifications and fixed it by turning off wrist detection. You can turn off the Automatic Ear Detection feature on your iPad or iPhone. Now tap on turn it on and check if the problem persists or not. you can go to this option by this step.
- Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods > Disable Automatic Ear Detection.
Method 3: Remove Music Volume Level Limit And Audio Balance
Sometimes by mistake when you turn on the AirPods pro volume control limit on iPhone or iPad, then face these problems. So if AirPods are connected but it won’t play audio then disconnect is to make sure AirPods volume is not too low to be heard. iOS devices include an option that allows you to control the volume limit on the Music app. By default, the volume limit is turned off by the company. So check it if you turned it on mistakenly.
- Settings on iPhone > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Balance Left or Right. [Keep Slide position on center to pass equal sound on both left and right Airpod]
- Settings > Music > Turn off Volume [That means Put volume limit on a slider to Maximum]
Method 4: Update your Device
This is also recommended by some users because of the Apple release if your device running on an older version of the iOS operating system then might have some bugs on your device. Normally, if Apple releases new updates for AirPods, then it automatically gets updated when the paired iPhone or iPad is associated with Wi-Fi. So, now you have to search the iPhone or iPad for updates if any pending update is ready for iPhone then make sure to update it.
- Settings > General > Software Update.
Method 5: Reset Network Settings
if you have followed these steps above and none of them is working for you, then maybe you are facing some connectivity issues and you can get rid of this situation in rested network settings.
When you try to reset network settings, all the Bluetooth devices, WI-FI networks, and call settings are going to be removed. If the network issues are cleaned on the AirPods, this means that you’re going to listen to your AirPods sounds again. To Reset Network Settings:
- Settings > General > Reset Network Only
After resetting, you can pair Bluetooth with your iOS devices when it’s been a complete reboot. If this was a network settings issue, then it was already fixed.
What to do if these solutions don’t work?
You can replace your AirPods. Learn about replacement here.
Or you can buy one here:
if you solved this issue from other solutions, then please tell us in the comment section. We will update this article according to that.