Apple Music offers quick and easy ways to share your playlist with friends and family. As you share your playlist, it lets others see the collection of your songs. They can share their playlists with you as well. what a way to discover new songs and play music from multiple devices! Don’t forget, you will need a fast and reliable connection to create and share your playlist. You can share the playlists using AirDrop, email, messages, social media, and some other options.
Keep reading to learn how:
How to Share an Apple Music Playlist on iPhone or iPad
- Open the music app on your iDevice
- Select the playlist that you would like to share
- Tap the 3 dots to open an action menu
- Hit the “Share playlist” option to prompt the share sheet
- This should open the sharing options
- Do the needful from there
Share an Apple Music Playlist on Mac
- On your Mac, open iTunes
- Go to the playlist that you would like to share
- Click the button with three dots
- A menu will appear. Choose “share playlist” from the option
- Choose the sharing option that you prefer and simply follow the instructions
How to Airdrop Your Apple Music Playlist
You can airdrop your playlist to any nearby Apple device. All you have to turn on the airdrop and follow these steps:
- Launch the Apple Music App on your device
- Go to your library and head to your Playlist
- Choose the playlist you want to share
- Tap on the three-dot button to initiate sharing
- From the menu, choose “Share playlist”
- You will see different sharing options in front of you
- Choose airdrop from these options
- Now, choose the device you want to share the playlist with
- That’s it!
Email an Apple Music Playlist
Want to send the playlist to someone via email? That’s possible too! When you are at step 5 (which is hitting the share playlist option), follow these steps:
- As different sharing options appear on the screen, choose mail/Gmail
- This will redirect you to the mailbox
- Add the email address of the person you would like to share the playlist with
- Click on the send button and that’s all!
Share an Apple Music Playlist Through iMessages
Another quick way to share your playlist is by simply sending it via iMessages. Here is how it’s done:
- Choose messages from the sharing options
- From there, you will be redirected to the Messaging app
- Select the name of the person from the contact list
- Simply hit send!
How to View Your Shared Playlist
- Launch the Music app on your iDevice
- Hit the “for you” tab
- From the top-right corner, tap onto your avatar
- Go to “view profile”
- You should be able to see shared playlists at the top
What to Do When You’re Unable to Share a Playlist?
While it is simple to share playlists, many Apple Music customers have had trouble doing so. For example, for some people, the ‘share’ option does not appear. This usually happens when you don’t have an Apple Music profile.
Creating a profile is simple. Open the Music app, and tap the ‘Listen Now’ button on the bottom navigation bar. From there, tap on the profile icon. You will be prompted to create an account. Complete the process and give the app permission to access your contacts. Once your profile is complete, you should be able to share your playlists readily.
Other reasons could include an issue with your internet service. Reliable wifi or mobile data like Spectrum internet will typically not cause such problems. But signal strength problems, such as being too far from your router or out of cellular coverage can impact sharing playlists through Apple Music.
You don’t have to hide an Apple Music playlist. It always feels great to share your favorite songs and artists with friends and introduce them to new music. You can share a playlist on Apple Music with anyone using the methods above. Don’t forget that to view the playlists of your friends and share them, you and your friends must have a subscription to Apple Music.
The best thing is that playlists created with Apple Music can be shared with almost any app. You can even copy the shareable link and send it to a friend. Go on and share your creations!